Watphou Cruise in Laos
|Tour Dates||Destinations||Meals Included|
|Day 1||PAKSE - CHAMPASSAK - WAT PHU||L,D|
|Day 2||HOUEI TOMO - OUPMOUNG TEMPLE - KHONG ISLAND||B,L,D|
|Day 3||BAN VEUTHONG - KHONE PHAPHENG WATERFALLS – PAKSE||B,L|
Day 1: PAKSE - CHAMPASSAK - WAT PHU
Today we embark Watphou boat at 10h30 and navigate along the Mekong River. The cruise zigzag its way through the stunning scenery of mountain backdrop and peaceful villages to Champasak, a gateway to the pre-angkorian temple of Wat Phu. This hillside edifice was once an important sanctuary of the Khmer Empire. The temple structure had been partly destroyed in turbulent history; however it is still fascinating to walk among the ruins. We follow a walkway from the lower to the upper section, which features various forms including Vishnu, Shiva and Kala. The upper ground of temple also affords a spectacular views from the surrounding valley to the mighty Mekong River. Afterwards we get back to our Watphou boat for a cruise downstream. O/N on board
Day 2: HOUEI TOMO - OUPMOUNG TEMPLE - KHONG ISLAND
The exciting river cruise delivers us at Huei Thamo village. We disembark and enjoy a short walk to explore the hidden temple of Oum Moung in a tranquil setting of forest and mountain side. Today we continue navigating southwards towards the widest reach of the Mekong River from where thousands of islets jut out in dry season, giving this area a lovely name” Si Phan Done ”. Along the way we anchor near Khong Island for an interesting visit to Ban Dua Tae. The villagers are almost farmers or fishermen and still retain their age old cultural traditions. We round off our day with views of the spectacular sunset over the Mekong River from the cruise sundeck.
O/N on board
Day 3: BAN VEUTHONG - KHONE PHAPHENG WATERFALLS – PAKSE
Upon leaving the previous night stop we set forth to Ban Veuthong village. On arrival at this pier we board a small long tail boat for a thrilling trip towards Done Khone. The perfect way to explore this peaceful island is a leisurely walk. We wander through Ban Khone village to discover different local lifestyle close up, see some relics of the French colonial period and make fun with waving kids on roadside. At end of the boat excursion we catch a drive southwards to visit the scenic Khone Phapheng Waterfalls and travel by roads back to Pakse. The trip ends on arrival in Pakse.
1. The downstream cruise from Pakse to Khong Island is available on every Monday Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday in high season from November to April, and on Saturday in low season from May to September. The upstream cruise from Khong Island to Pakse is available on every Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday in high season from November to April, and on Tuesday in low season from May to September . The programme and schedule are subject to change without prior notice.
2. The Watphu boat was built as a floating hotel in traditional style to offer a distinctive cruise service along the fascinating Mekong River. This custom designed watercraft in length of 34 meters, features all safety and comfort to satisfy discerning river travellers.
The service outlines include modern safety equipment and lifejackets + 12 comfortable air-conditioned cabins of which each is fitted with two single berths plus a private western style bathroom + Large front deck with a wide open area for relaxation + Lower deck with an air-conditioning dining room + Elegant lounge+ Set menu combining both Laotian and Continental cuisine + Multi language staffs + Games and reading corner + Fully stocked bar.
Pricing sheet: Price per Person in US$ Valid from Oct 2012 to Oct 2013
Wat Phou Cruise
2 - 8 Pax
9 - 38 Pax
Oct 2012 - Apr 2013 and Sept 2013 - Oct 2013
May - Sept 2013
- Accommodation: twin sharing cabin on Watphou cruise
- Transportation in joining cruise +Meals as indicated: B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner
- Mentioned sightseeing tour with English speaking guide
- Entrance fee
- Coffee, tea and drinking water on board and during meals
- Transfer from hotel or airport in Pakse to boat pier
- Single cabin supplement
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Optional trips...
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERERS’ SAY