Nava Mekong Cruise
|Tour Dates||Destinations||Meals Included|
|Day 1||LUANG PRABANG - PAKOU CAVES – PAKBENG||B,L,D|
|Day 2||PAKBENG – HOUEIXAY||B,L|
Day 1: LUANG PRABANG - PAKOU CAVES – PAKBENG
Today we embark Nava boat at 8h00 for a leisurely trip on the Mekong River, stopping en route at Ban Xang Hai to visit the distillation of local rice wine. The river cruise passes through the stunning mountain landscape to the mysterious Pak Ou Caves. They are crammed with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of various shapes and sizes, all brought there by devout villagers. Upon leaving the Pakou Caves we wave our way upstream to Pakbeng. This lovely village sets against the mountain backdrop and overlooks the confluence of the Mekong River and Nam Beng Rivers. The various ethnic minorities are frequently seen on the main street of Pakbeng and small vendors sell local textiles and handicraft. O/N in Pakbeng.
Day 2: PAKBENG – HOUEIXAY
The traditional morning market in Pakbeng also attracts numerous ethnic minorities who converge from the outlying valleys and mountainsides to sell their goods and buy provision. Today we have time to walk around this bustling congregation before we continue navigating towards Houeixay. The pace of our trip is very relaxing, a perfect way to observe the breathtaking scenery and the rural life close up. Along the way we will anchor for a short walk to visit some riverside villages, which are inhabited by the Hmong and Yao people. They are very poor, but have an interesting local culture and a colorful history. We reach the final stop at 17h00. The trip ends on arrival in Houeixay Town.
1. This river cruise can be arranged any day on request. The downstream programme from Houeixay to Luang Prabang is also available however you should contact our expect to get the detailed itinerary.
2. The Nava boat was built in traditional style using the solid materials and teak wood. This traditional boat has cover roof to protect passengers from the sun and allow them to maximize the enjoyment of the trip. The service outlines includes 35 comfortable seats + Safety equipment and lifejackets+ Western style toilet.
- Accommodation: twin sharing room at Pakbeng lodge or similar one
- Transportation in joining cruise
- Meals as indicated: B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner
- Mentioned sightseeing tour with English speaking guide
- Entrance fee
- Drinking water on board and during meals
- Transfer hotel – pier – border gate
- Single room supplement
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Optional trips...
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERERS’ SAY