Grand Palace - City
- Boromabiman Hall, built by King Rama VI and every king since has lived here at some time. - Amarinda Hall, the original residence of King Rama I and the Hall of Justice. Nowadays it's impressive interior is used for ceremonial occasions and coronations. It contains the antique throne, used before the Western style one presently in use.
- Grand Palace Hall / Chakri Maha Prasat. Visitors are allowed inside the spacious European style reception room. This building has not been used for royal residence since the mysterious death of King Rama VIII (the older brother of the current King), found shot dead in his room in 1946. The reverence for the monarchy in Thailand means that, even today, this remains a completely taboo subject to talk publicly about in Thailand.
- The impressive Dusit Hall, rated as perhaps the finest architectural building in this style.
- The Museum, which has information on the restoration of the Grand Palace, scale models of the Wat and Palace and numerous Buddha images. Labels are in Thai only, but there are free English tours available frequently.
SPECIAL TRAVEL DEALS
- Unique Indochina Tour (10D/9N)
- Ha Noi - Full Day Of City Tour (1D)
- Legend Of The North (8D/7N)
- Overall Highlights Of Cambodia (6D 5N)
- Essential Myanmar Tour (8D/7N)
- Best Of Myanmar Tour (13D/12N)
- China Beautiful Landscape Tour (14D 13N)
- Grand Laos Tour Package (6D/5N)
- Essential Vietnam Tour (8D)
- Highlights of Vietnam Tour (11D)
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERERS’ SAY